Hunza Valley is part of the northern areas of Pakistan. Specifically, Hunza is located in the Gilgit Baltistan region. This is at an elevation of 2,438 meters. Hunza consists of 3 regions. These include, lower, central, and upper Hunza.
Hunza Valley is famous for its colorful seasons. Moreover, Hunza Valley consists of spectacular views. These incorporate many snow-capped peaks. Many are of over 7000 meters. For instance, Rakaposhi (7788 m), Diran (7200 m), and Ultar (7388 m). In other words, these peaks provide contrast to the natural environment of Hunza. Certainly, the views of Hunza Valley from Karimabad are incredible. The blossom season and autumn season is incredible. Although, it remains spectacular throughout every season.
Sarai Silk Route Hotel is located in Passu Hunza. Furthermore, Sarai Silk Route Hotel is surrounded by stunning snow-capped mountains. For example, Passu Cones, Passu Glacier, Batura Glacier are nearby landmarks.
The route to Hunza: Islamabad – Besham – Chilas – Gilgit – Karimabad – Passu – Khunjerab Pass.
Alternate Route:Islamabad – Gilgit – Karimabad – Passu – Khunjerab Pass.
Major Tourist Attractions around Hunza
- Drive along the Karakorum Highway.
- Giant Buddha Rock Carving at Chilas.
- Forts in Hunza: Altit and Baltit Forts.
- Peaks/Mountains in Hunza: Nanga-Parbat, Ulter, Diran, Rakaposhi, Lady Finger, Passu Cones/Passu Cathedral, Passu Glacier.
- Suspension Bridges in Hunza: Passu Suspension Bridge, Hussaini Suspension Bridge.
- Pakistan China Border (Khunjerab Pass).
Activities in Hunza
- Trekking: Shimshal/Pamir Trek, Batura Glacier Passu Hunza Trek
- Safaris: Batura Yak Safari, Karakorum Jeep Safari
- Tours of Villages and local/cultural sites
- Musical Nights, Barbecues, and Bonfires
Therefore, make sure to visit Hunza!
(These activities can be arranged. Contact Sarai Silk Route Hotel.)